Next Barn Tour, September 14, 2019
Upcoming Barn Tour!
Saturday, September 14, 2019
Lexington and Money Creek Townships
Join us in mid-September for a day roaming about the lovely McLean County countryside and getting a close look at some fabulous barns and farmsteads in Lexington and Money Creek townships. This year offers some of the finest barns and most beautiful farms in all Central Illinois!
Tickets go on sale at 9:00 a.m. at Church of Christ, Uniting, 108 N. Pine St., Lexington, which is serving as the tour’s Welcome Center. Tickets are $20 per carload, with a $5 discount for members of Barn Keepers. Although registration ends at 2:00 p.m., the tour sites will remain open until 4:00 p.m.
When you register, you’ll receive a tour booklet chock full of information, from the histories of each barn on the tour to specially highlighted local sites of interest. In addition to barns, other tour stops will include the Patton Cabin in Lexington, the oldest surviving structure in Mclean County, and Anvil Brand, a Lexington business that has been manufacturing horseshoes and hoof care products since 1978. The booklet will also include a map indicating the location of each tour stop or highlight. Once you leave the welcome center you’re on your own and free to choose your own route.
If you can’t tell the difference between an old horse barn and a corn crib, no worries! Our annual Barn Tour offers the wonderful experience of visiting working Corn Belt farms and getting up close and personal with barns that date to the long-gone era when horses were still vital to local agriculture. And there’s no extra charge for all the fresh air you’ll get!
What are you waiting for? We’ll see you on September 14!
Past Barn Tours
- September 16, 2006 Danvers area
- September 8, 2007 Gridley Township
- September 13, 2008 Towanda area
- September 12, 2009 Funks Grove Township
- September 11, 2010 Randolph and southern Bloomington townships
- September 10, 2011 Dawson Township
- September 8, 2012 Old Town Township
- September 14, 2013 Cheney’s Grove Township
- September 13, 2014 Yates Township
- September 12, 2015 Chenoa Township
- September 10, 2016 Allin Township
- September 9, 2017 Hudson Township
- September 8, 2018 Bellflower Township