2019 Tour, Lexington and Money Creek Townships
In mid-September Barn Keepers sponsored its popular annual tour. Attendees spent the lovely autumn day roaming the McLean County countryside — and got a close look at some fabulous barns and farmsteads in Lexington and Money Creek townships.
Check out the 2019 Tour Guide, which includes the histories of each barn. The guide also highlights other area sites, including the Patton Cabin in Lexington, the oldest surviving structure in McLean County, and Anvil Brand, a Lexington business that has been manufacturing horseshoes and hoof care products since 1978.
The Barn Keepers annual tour offered the wonderful experience of visiting working Corn Belt farms and getting up close and personal with barns that date to the long-gone era when horses were still vital to local agriculture. And all the fresh air came at no extra charge!
Past Barn Tours
- Bellflower Township / Sept. 8, 2018
- Hudson Township / Sept. 9, 2017
- Allin Township / Sept. 10, 2016
- Chenoa Township / Sept. 12, 2015
- Yates Township / Sept. 13, 2014
- Cheney’s Grove Township / Sept. 14, 2013
- Old Town Township / Sept. 8, 2012
- Dawson Township / Sept. 10, 2011
- Randolph and southern Bloomington townships / Sept. 11, 2010
- Funks Grove Township / Sept. 12, 2009
- Towanda area / Sept. 13, 2008
- Gridley Township / Sept. 8, 2007
- Danvers area / Sept. 16, 2006